Live online learning PLUS OUR NEW
'Here to help room' and 'Focus Sessions'
Kip Live is a platform that allows meaningful and challenging learning from the comfort of your home
Although our centre is normally open to all students, we still offer an online service via Zoom.
We are able to use Zoom.us to connect with your child for their weekly 80-minute tuition session. During these sessions they will have:
- Personal set work planned on the IKip platform which they can log into at home. This is planned by their Kip teacher and based on your child’s individual needs. This work can be accessed at the time of their normal session. If they are unable to attend the session, they will still have 6 days to complete the work.
- At the time of their session, they will also be able to join their Kip teacher live via Zoom. During this session, feedback will be given on any written work sent in, time will be spent answering any questions about their work, teaching and deciding what needs to be worked on next.
- Secondary Students can submit any written work via e-mail, up to 2 days before their next session. They will receive feedback on this during their session time. In the email subject line please can you add your name, teachers name, lesson day and lesson time.
- Since Lockdown 3 we have added FREE EXTRA HELP for our students – Here to help sessions (1 to 1 drop in session with one of our teachers) and Focus Sessions (A chosen topic session for all ages). For more information on these FREE events and the timetables, please click on the relevant tab below (Please note these session will NOT be running during Half Term).
Check out this video
for more info!
How it works – click on the titles below:
- iKip Online Lessons
- Written Work
- Kip Live
- Here To Help Room
- Focus Sessions
- Online Protocol
- Lets Get Creative During Lockdown
IKip Online Lesson:
- A platform your child is familiar with, as it is the same as they use in their regular lesson at Kip.
- Your child’s teacher plans according to their needs and progress, reviews the lesson personally and gives feedback.
- This is better than bulk work or an online platform that self generates lessons that might not be suitable to your child’s needs. We include that special human touch.
- Your child’s Ikip log in has been emailed to you.
Written work – Secondary Children only:
We want there to be more interaction, teaching, and feedback with your child’s Kip tutor as we know this will add more value to their learning. Therefore, we created a practical way for your child’s teacher to mark and review their written work too!
Please follow the instructions below regarding homework or written work:
Primary or Secondary Children – Meet with your teacher live via Zoom
Every week your child will be able to join their teacher live at their normal lesson time via Zoom.us. A meeting ID will be sent out. This ID stays the same every week.
Please note: We will be taking a break from our here to help sessions during HalfTerm, please go to our Workshop page to see what workshops we will be running during HalfTerm instead.
Primary School Children only – Free Online Help
From feedback we received after the previous lockdown parents have said it would be useful if there was a teacher at hand to explain a concept a child is struggling with in their Kip or School work. We have created a free Here to Help Zoom room for your child to come to if he/she needs some help. This is a drop in 1-1 session and will be first come, first serve (no need to book). Children will wait in the Zoom waiting room and the teacher will type in the chat box what time they anticipate they will get to him/her. Time spent with each child will depend on how many children are waiting. We have at least one of these slots per day, some days more. Anyone can come to these sessions not just the students of the teacher who is leading it. You can also ask either Maths or English questions.
Monday – Year 1 – Year 6 @ 14:30 – 15:10 – Teacher Lucy
Tuesday – Year 1 – Year 6 @ 12:30 – 13:10 – Teacher Kelly
Wednesday – Year 1 – Year 6 @ 15:30 16:10 – Teacher Verity
Thursday – Year 1 – Year 6 @ 18:40 – 19:20 – Teacher Verity
Friday – Year – Year 6 @ 16:20 – 17:00 – Teacher Andrea
Please note: We will be taking a break from Focus Sessions during HalfTerm, please go to our Workshop page to see what workshops we will be running during HalfTerm instead.
Primary School Children only – Free Online Help
We are also providing your child with free focus sessions of 40 minutes where one of our fabulous teachers will discuss a specific topic for 15-20 minutes followed by another 20 minutes of question time. This will be like a workshop type session with multiple children of more or less the same age. We are aiming to do one maths and one grammar and one comprehension for KS 2. KS 1 will have a combination of Phonics and Maths sessions. No booking required but we are aiming to cap at around 25 students, age depending.
Reception & Year 1 (advanced) – Maths – Bridget @ 15:30 – 16:10
Year 2 – Maths – Lucy @ 15:20 – 16:00
Year 3 – 4 – Comprehension – Andrea @ 16:10 – 16:50
Year 5 – Maths – Andrea @ 17:00 – 17:40
Reception & Year 1 (basic) – Maths – Bridget @ 14:30 – 15:10
Year 3 & 4 – Lets get writing – Andrea @ 15:30 – 16:10
Year 5 & 6 – Lets get writing – Andrea @ 16:20 – 17:00
Year 4 – Year 6 (11+ / Private Entrance) – Maths – Kelly @ 12:30 – 13:10
Year 3 – Year 6 – French – Amie @ 15:10 – 15:50
Year 4 – Maths – Wendy @ 18:40 – 19:20
Year 4 – Year 6 (11+ / Private Entrance) – 11+ Level Comprehension – Kelly @ 12:35 – 13:15
Reception – Year 1 – Phonics (basic) – Amie @ 15:20 – 15:50
Year 2 – English SPAG – Lucy @ 15:10 – 15:50
Year 3 – Maths – Evelyn @ 16:00 – 16:40
Year 6 – Maths – Evelyn @ 16:50 – 17:30
Year 3 & 4 – English Grammar – Wendy @ 19:00 – 19:40
Year 4 – Year 6 (11+ / Private Entrance) – Verbal and Non Verbal Reasoning – Kelly @ 12:30 – 13:10
Reception – Year 1 – Phonics (advanced) – Amie @ 15:20 – 15:50
Year 5 & 6 – Comprehension – Andrea @ 15:30 – 16:10
KIP LIVE – Online Protocol:
By joining the zoom call your child agrees to the following protocol:
– Please be logged in and ready 5 minutes before the start of the session.
– Wait in the ‘waiting room’ until let in.
– Only your child is allowed on the call – please have no other distractions around eg. pets or other family members.
– Your child will be in an appropriate, quiet environment and will be appropriately dressed (as if they were to come to the centre).
– Instructions from the teacher must be followed and sensible behaviour is expected.
– No recording is allowed.
Please note: We will be taking a break from come draw with me during HalfTerm, please go to our Workshop page to see what workshops we will be running during HalfTerm instead.
Why not do something creative during this Lockdown, with our fabulous teacher Sue.
Sue will be running a ‘come draw with me session‘ for Years 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6. These sessions are a good calming down, rewind session, with no parent input needed!
No need to book just join Sue on Zoom on ID 6294927351 on the dedicated day and times below:
Tuesday Year 4 – Year 6 – Come draw with me @ 18:10 – 19:00
Wednesday Year 1 – Year 3 – Come draw with me @ 14:30 – 15:10.
Have fun 🙂
FAQ for Kip Live:
You can either copy the complete link into a browser and your session will begin when the teacher lets you in. Or you can go to zoom.us and click join meeting and type in the 9-digit reference.
Please download in SD not HD.
No, if your lesson and time stays the same and hasn’t changed, then your Zoom ID stays the same each week.
If you haven’t received your email login, please check your spam folder.
If you still haven’t received your login email, please email the centre (firstname.lastname@example.org) and somebody will check your email address and resend it to you.
If you have been given written work please take a photo and email back to email@example.com. Please ensure you have added your tutor’s name, day, time, child’s name and child’s surname in the subject line.
”To Mr Vlok and Mr Meyer, I got into Southend girls high which was my first choice, Thank you for all your help with my 11+ work. Love from,Isabel West