Book Summer Workshops
Summer Workshop Details:
With so much time lost this last academic year, we want to do our best to help your children catch up, keep up and stay ahead. We have separate Maths and English workshops, designed for each specific year, based on the national curriculum running throughout the summer holiday. Our qualified teachers will help your child fill in the gaps, reinforce key areas focused on the year they have just completed and get prepared for the next year. Our enthusiastic teachers will help your child build their confidence and encourage love of learning with fun and engaging activities!
These are 3 hour workshops with a maximum of 6 students per teacher. ( We also offer 1-1 tuition according to your child’s needs. These can be booked through our summer booster page.
- The Reception workshop will focus on both Phonics, Early reading and some Maths concepts.
- The Year one workshops will be one for Phonics and a separate one for Maths.
- The Year 2-6 workshops will focus on English and Maths separately.
- Year 10 students will have a choice of AQA Language and AQA poetry workshops for English and the foundation or higher Maths workshop.
- Poetry Workshop – Led by our expert English teacher who is also an experienced AQA examiner, our poetry workshop will support students with their anthology as well as looking at how to answer the ‘unseen poetry’ questions as fully as possible.
- GCSE Higher and Foundation Maths – These Maths workshops focus on revision techniques where students will be shown how to identify problem areas and how to address these weaknesses. How to approach exam strategies to gain the most marks possible on the day. A revision schedule will be discussed.
- French Workshop: Want to learn a new language and culture? During this new fun workshop, you will be introduced to French greetings, basic conversation, numbers and have a little landmark tour of Paris.You will learn how to pronounce some French food while savouring some of their cuisine at the same time. To end our French experience, we will look at French vocabulary around clothes and colours while we design some French ‘haute couture’ – a fashionable French outfit.
These workshops are all based in our fantastic centre in Hutton Road, Shenfield every Monday during the Summer holidays (excluding 17th and 31st August) They are 3 hours long with some short breaks in the middle and due to social distancing measure we will only be able to accommodate 6 students per workshop.
During lockdown we trialled delivering our writing workshop via Zoom over 4 days – 45 minutes each day, and it worked so well we decided to repeat it. The teacher utilises a writing ‘recipe’ that students can use to improve their writing skills. Each day builds on the one before and after each session students have the time to apply what they have learnt before moving onto the next part of the ‘recipe’. They are very good value for money at £45 ( £15 per hour). The teachers are all qualified class teachers and experienced in their year groups. If you have never been to our centre this is a good way to get a taste for what we do and experience the passion our teachers have for educating our youth.
Please use the link below to book and pay for the workshops. The workshops need to be booked for your child’s current year group – NOT for the year group they will enter in September.
Click the dropdown to choose a Workshop type or Year group from the lists below:
”To Mr Vlok and Mr Meyer, I got into Southend girls high which was my first choice, Thank you for all your help with my 11+ work. Love from,Isabel West